ชื่อหลักสูตร : ปรัชญาดุษฎีบัณฑิต
ภาษาไทย : ปรัชญาดุษฎีบัณฑิต สาขาชีวเวชศาสตร์
ภาษาอังกฤษ : Doctor of Philosophy Program in Biomedical Sciences
ภาษาไทย : ชื่อเต็ม ปรัชญาดุษฎีบัณฑิต (ชีวเวชศาสตร์)
ชื่อย่อ ปร.ด. (ชีวเวชศาสตร์)
ภาษาอังกฤษ : ชื่อเต็ม Doctor of Philosophy (Biomedical Sciences)
ชื่อย่อ Ph.D. (Biomedical Sciences)
สถานภาพของหลักสูตร Date on which the programme specification was written or revised
|11 มีนาคม 2560||
16 สิงหาคม 2561
Graduates of Doctor of Philosophy Program in Biomedical Sciences are aimed for developing new state of the art in medical science and bioscience in a wide range of fields such as molecular biology, human genetics, cytogenetics, medical biochemistry, oncology, stem cell technology, biotechnology, nutrition, toxicology, hematology, immunology, microbiology, kinesiology and physical therapy, bioinformatics, and medical innovation. Teaching both theory and practice is an attempt to enhance learners who will apply knowledge in research on medical science and bioscience.
Desirable Characteristics of the Course
Our course focused on developing new knowledge or innovation in medical science and bioscience. Laboratory techniques and research methodology play an important role in enabling the graduates to gain knowledge and skills and to conduct research following academic progress. They are able to integrate effectively between modern technology and grounded theory in order to establish a groundbreaking body of knowledge. In addition, the graduates are expected to work efficiently in collaboration with the health science team, to acquire considerable interpersonal skills, to adopt morality and ethics, and to have responsibility to self and society as well.
Lecturers and researchers in the country and foreign countries
Scientists in advance diagnostic laborator
Special experts in any companies
Post doctoral Degree in Biomedical Sciences and related fields
45,000 Baht / Year
Plan 1 focuses on a thesis
Plan 1.1 available for those who hold a Master’s Degree (3-year), 60 credits
Plan 1.2 available for those who hold a Bachelor’s Degree or enrolling a Master’s Degree (4-year), 90 credits
Plan 2 focuses on a thesis and coursework
Plan 2.1 available for those who hold a Master’s Degree (3-year), 60 credits
Plan 2.2 available for those who hold a Bachelor’s Degree or enrolling a Master’s Degree (4-year), 90 credits
· Research assistance scholarship (grant 10,000 THB monthly allowance)
· Research scholarship for presentation (grant 3000 THB/student/year)
Admission schedule, process and how to apply
All received applications will be assessed and ranked against the eligible criteria for the available quota by the programme committee
Outcome will be circulated after the selection process is finalized.
Two publisher papers, or at least accepted for publication, in international scientific journals for Plan 1.1 and Plan 1.2
One published paper, or at least accepted for publishing, in international scientific journal in Plan 2.1 and Plan 2.2.
All 60 credits must be completed, the Thesis examination and English test must be passed, and the Thesis book must be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies for Plan 1.1 and Plan 2.1
All 90 credits must be completed, the Thesis examination and English test must be passed, and the Thesis book must be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies for Plan 1.2 and Plan 2.2
The information to be included in the program specification is listed below.
2.Teaching institution (if different)
2.1 The Center for Scientific and Technological Equipment Building
2.2 Research Institute for Health Sciences Building
3. Details of the accreditation by a professional or statutory body
Office of the Higher Education Commission: OHEC
4. Name of the final award
Doctor of Philosophy (Biomedical Sciences)/ Ph.D. (Biomedical Sciences)
5. Program title
Doctor of Philosophy Program in Biomedical Sciences
6. Expected Learning outcomes of the program
PLO 1. To be able to integrate biomedical knowledge, technology, and/or innovation to the advancement of biomedical research in order to alleviate health challenges in communities, society, and the country.
PLO 2. To be able to plan and evaluate cutting-edge procedures and innovative technologies in biomedical research projects.
PLO 3. To be able to choose the appropriate information technology for conducting research data searches, data management, and data analysis for publishing.
PLO 4. To be able to deliver international presentations, communicate, and disseminate research findings.
PLO 5 To be able to conduct biomedical research while adhering to professional research ethics.
PLO 6. To be able to analyze and synthesize data, as well as critique research and academic conclusions, in order to achieve biomedical research on a national or international level.
PLO 7. To be able to acquire new knowledge and/or innovative technologies to meet the health needs of society and the nation.
Note : Biomedical research encompasses research in the medical, health, and life sciences.
: Research ethics relates to how researchers in the biomedical sector behave themselves in terms of research ethics.
7. Admission criteria or requirements to the program
Following regulation of Walailak University on graduate studies, 2017
Doctoral Degree Program: A candidate must
1. Hold a Master’s Degree or equivalent or any accredited graduation or
2. Hold a Honors Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or any accredited graduation with GPA of at least 3.25 or equivalent or
3. Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with extensive research experience and a record of published research or patent
4. Meet specific requirements set by the Program Committee.
5. English test results meet the criteria.
8. Relevant subject benchmark statements and other external and internal
Following announcement of the Ministry of Education and regulation of Walailak University.
9. Reference points used to provide information on program outcomes
· Website: https:https://sah.wu.ac.th/
· Curriculum Book of the Program (มคอ.2)
· Announcement of the Ministry of Education
· Announcement of Higher Education
· Regulation of Walailak University
10. Program structure and requirements including levels, courses, credits, etc.
1. Plan 1.1 , 60 credits
1) Thesis 60 credits
2) Seminar 4* credits (*credits are not counted, but grades at an S level are require)
2. Plan 1.2, 90 credits
1) Thesis 90 credits
2) Seminar 4* credits ( *credits are not counted, but grades at an S level are require)
3. Plan 2.1, 60 credits
1) Core course 10 credits
2) Elective course 5 credits
3) Thesis 45 credits
4) Seminar 4* credits ( *credits are not counted, but grades at an S level are require)
4. Plan 2.2, 90 credits
1. Core course 10 credits
2. Elective course 20 credits
3.Thesis 60 credits
4. Seminar 4* credits ( *credits are not counted, but grades at an S level are require)
To view the core course and elective course >> "Click here" <<
11. Date on which the program specification was written or revised
The Programme was approved by the Council of Walailak University on 11th March 2017 and the Office of the Higher Education Commission on 16th August 2018.