ชื่อหลักสูตร : วิทยาศาสตรมหาบัณฑิต
ภาษาไทย : วิทยาศาสตรมหาบัณฑิต สาขาชีวเวชศาสตร์
ภาษาอังกฤษ : Master of Science Program in Biomedical Sciences
ภาษาไทย : ชื่อเต็ม วิทยาศาสตรมหาบัณฑิต (ชีวเวชศาสตร์)
ชื่อย่อ วท.ม. (ชีวเวชศาสตร์)
ภาษาอังกฤษ : ชื่อเต็ม Master of Science (Biomedical Sciences)
ชื่อย่อ M.Sc. (Biomedical Sciences)
สถานภาพของหลักสูตร Date on which the programme specification was written or revised
|11 มีนาคม 2560||1 สิงหาคม 2561|
The programs encourage students to develop new state of the art in medical science and bioscience, conduct research corresponding to their interest, and possess expertise on a wide spectrum of areas such as molecular biology, human genetics, cytogenetics, medical biochemistry, nutrition, toxicology, hematology, immunology, microbiology, and relevant fields.
Desirable Characteristics of the Course
Our course is focused on applying the knowledge to research in medical science and bioscience. Laboratory techniques and research methodology play an important role in enabling the graduates to gain knowledge and skills and to conduct research following academic progress. They are able to integrate effectively between modern technology and grounded theory in order to establish a groundbreaking body of knowledge. In addition, the graduates are expected to work efficiently in collaboration with the health science team, to acquire considerable interpersonal skills, to adopt morality and ethics, and to have responsibility to self and society as well.
· Lecturers and researchers in the country and foreign countries
· Scientists in advance diagnostic laboratory
· Graduate students in doctoral degree program
· Special experts in any companies
Doctoral degree in Biomedical Sciences and related field
45,000 Bath / Year
The program comprises 2 plans as follows:
1) Plan A1 (ก 1) consists of only a thesis (2-year), 45 credits
2) Plan A2 (ก 2) consists of a thesis and coursework (2-year), 45 credits
· Research assistance scholarship (grant 8,000 THB monthly allowance)
· Research scholarship for presentation (grant 3000 THB/student/year)
Admission schedule, process and how to apply
All received applications will be assessed and ranked against the eligible criteria for the available quota by the programme committee
Outcome will be circulated after the selection process is finalized.
One publisher paper, or at least accepted for publication, in national or international scientific journal for Plan A1
One published paper, or at least accepted for publishing, in national or international scientific journals or proceedings in Plan A2.
All 45 credits must be completed, the Thesis examination and English test must be passed, and the Thesis book must be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies.
The information to be included in the program specification is listed below.
1. Awarding body/institution
2. Teaching institution (if different)
2.1 The Center for Scientific and Technological Equipment Building
2.2 Research Institute for Health Sciences Building
3. Details of the accreditation by a professional or statutory body
Office of the Higher Education Commission: OHEC
4. Name of the final award
Master of Science (Biomedical Sciences) / M.Sc. (Biomedical Sciences)
5. Program title
Master of Science Program in Biomedical Sciences
6. Expected Learning outcomes of the program
PLO 1. To be able to apply biomedical knowledge, technology, and/or innovation to the development of biomedical research in order to address health issues in communities, society, and the nation.
PLO 2. To be able to design research projects and use cutting-edge techniques and innovative technologies in biomedical research.
PLO 3. To be able to use information technology to conduct research data searches, data management, and data analysis.
PLO 4. To be able to present, communicate, and distribute research findings on a national or international level.
PLO 5. To be able to conduct biomedical research while adhering to research professional ethics.
PLO 6. To be able to analyze and synthesize data from research and academic findings in order to promote biomedical research on a national or international level.
PLO 7. To be able to develop research projects and/or biomedical innovations to fulfill society's and the nation's health requirements.
Note : Biomedical research encompasses research in the medical, health, and life sciences.
: Research ethics relates to how researchers in the biomedical sector behave themselves in terms of research ethics.
7. Admission criteria or requirements to the program
Following regulation of Walailak University on graduate studies, 2017
Master’s Degree Program: A candidate must
1. Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or any accredited graduation with at least one of the following qualifications:
1) GPA of at least 2.50 or equivalent
2) GPA of at least 2.00 or equivalent and GPA for specific courses relevant to the field of at least 2.75 or equivalent
3) GPA of at least 2.00 and 1-year working experience relevant to the field approved by the affiliation’s administrator
4) Exemptions from the above conditions may be granted by the Program Committee under exc eptional circumstances and
2. Meet specific requirements set by the Program Committee.
3. English test results meet the criteria.
8. Relevant subject benchmark statements and other external and internal
Following announcement of the Ministry of Education and regulation of Walailak University.
9. Reference points used to provide information on program outcomes
· Website: https://grad.wu.ac.th/
· Curriculum Book of the Program (มคอ.2)
· Announcement of the Ministry of Education
· Announcement of Higher Education
· Regulation of Walailak University
10. Program structure and requirements including levels, courses, credits, etc.
1. Plan A 1 ; research only, 45 credits
1) Thesis 45 credits
2) Seminar 2* credits ( *credits are not counted, but grades at an S level are require)
2. Plan A 2 : research and coursework, 45 credits
1) Core course 10 credits
2) Elective course 5 credits
3) Thesis 30 credits
4) Seminar 2* credits ( *credits are not counted, but grades at an S level are require)
To view the core course and elective course >> "Click here" <<
11. Date on which the program specification was written or revised
The Programme was approved by the Council of Walailak University on 11th March 2017 and the Office of the Higher Education Commission on 1st August 2018.